Lead Pastor (Full-time)
About our church
Southwest Community Church (SWCC) is located in a neighbourhood of single-family homes and townhouse complexes. Our membership is around 70 with weekly attendance averaging 60-70. We have an active, vibrant group of seniors who enjoy spending time together and being involved in social and ministry activities. They are vital to our church and support us in countless ways. Our young adults are few but are committed to serving and are excited to explore opportunities for growth. We have a small group of youth and a small number of families with children. Our desire is to grow both of these areas. In our 30 years, SWCC has been through many changes and is now poised to explore new ways to grow, both in quality and in quantity.
Lead Pastor Profile
As SWCC’s Lead Pastor, you:
- Demonstrate a genuine love for people and desire to introduce people to Christ and foster their spiritual maturity.
- Have an active prayer life and close relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Are approachable and proactively relational, with an ability to reach out and minister to people with a wide range of needs.
- Are an authentic communicator and a strong team builder.
- Are passionate about God’s church and about SWCC’s potential to grow and be a vibrant witness in Kamloops and beyond.
- Continually seek ways to bring relevant, Biblically-based teaching to younger generations and the unchurched.
- Attest and adhere to the Statement of Faith as articulated by Canadian Baptists of Western Canada (CBWC).
In cooperation with the Pastoral Team, the Lead Pastor initiates, promotes and sustains ministry in these primary areas:
- Preaching, Teaching and Worship
- Prayer and Spiritual Formation
- Pastoral Care
- Evangelism and Discipleship
- Administration and Supervision
- Master of Divinity or equivalent
- Ordained or able to meet the requirements of ordination with CBWC
Willing to be ordained with CBWC
- Pastoral experience of not less than 5 years
- Have a personal faith in Jesus Christ and a desire to “Live and Love Like Jesus”
Pastoral Search Committee Chair Jeremy Sorochan firstname.lastname@example.org
January 18, 2019